What Events Each Car Insurance Policy Covers
When signing the contract, you must be sure what you are covered for. Each car insurance plans provides coverage for a specific series of events. Check our blog to find out more about the events covered by auto insurance and get car insurance quote for free, from our website. The basic policies and their coverage are:
- Liability insurance pays for damage and injuries you cause others in an at-fault accident. Bodily injury liability pays the medical expenses of others who are injured; property damage liability pays to repair or replace damaged property.
- Personal Injury Protection – also known as PIP. Basically this is coverage for medical costs needed for you or your passengers for injuries treatments. PIP can also be used for funeral expenses or to cover lost wages and the cost to replace services normally performed by the injured person.
- Collision auto insurance. Collision insurance covers car repair or replacement costs if you are in an accident with another vehicle or drive into an object such as a tree, building, or fence. It also covers damage from accidents where no other car or object is involved, just like when you flip your car. You can also use it when you hit another car that you own.
- Comprehensive car insurance. This policy is used to cover events not related to crashes. It covers damaged caused by weather phenomena, vandalism, fire, being hit by objects felt from sky and rampaging animals.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist car insurance. Uninsured motorist car insurance will help you recuperate financial losses caused by an accident with an uninsured driver. It consists of two parts: Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury (UMBI) and Uninsured Motorist Property Damage (UMPD). Uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage (UMBI) will help you pay for medical expenses and lost wages. Also, your passengers will benefit of the same rights.
- Rental reimbursement, which pays for a rental car if your car is in the shop following a covered collision or comprehensive claim.
- Roadside assistance or towing insurance, which provides help if you need a battery jump, flat tire changed or tow to a repair shop after a mechanical breakdown.
- Full glass coverage, which pays to repair or replace chipped or broken window glass, without a deductible.
Check our webpage for more info and free quotes. Click here!